For the University of Oregon visit to New York City (#UONYC2018), myself and 112 other advertising students spent the week visitng Advertising Agencies all cross the city from May 6th through May 11th.
TO ACCESS THE GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER WITH ALL MY IMAGES FROM THE TRIP CLICK HERE
For the trip I took the group photos of the entire class in Autzen Stadium and the headshots for the professors leading us on this incredible journey. Will Nielsen did an amazing job photographing headshots for the rest of the students.
TAKEAWAYS FROM UONYC2018
- Work on your writing so you can explain your ideas better.
- Advertising itself is not interesting.
- Experience more events and more cultures so you have more reference points.
- Find a hole and fill it. Be useful wherever you can be.
- There are only 7 original advertising ideas.
- Data is a great way to drive and create ideas. Data is also the best way to sell ideas.
- Have relentless optimism.
- Find people who will champion you.
- The best ideas win.
- Be flexible.
- Challenge the 5 senses you have in everyday life and in your work.
- Learn as many programs as you can, LYNDA.COM and YouTube are great resources.
- STAND OUT. BE DIFFERENT.
- Don’t force yourself to be one kind of person.
- You have to be able to pivot.
- Network as much as you can, you never know when someone you meet could help you out in the future.
- Appreciate hard workers.
- Learn from others, don’t be afraid to ask someone how they got to where they are even if it’s Casey Neistat.
- Always deliver.
- Learn how to say no, don’t ever sell yourself short.
© HENRY AMMANN